First of all, thanks to Maggie Beer for providing this wonderful recipe which is Gluten Free friendly and 100% delicious guaranteed, to see more of her tasty recipe’s head over to her site.
- 2 cups gluten free vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coarse polenta
- 3 tspn sea salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil to fry, plus extra to drizzle
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- Bring the vegetable stock and water to the boil then add polenta and stir. Continue stirring for five to ten minutes until smooth. Add in the salt and parmesan then take off the heat and stir further.
- Pour polenta into a shallow lined 20 cm x 20 cm tray and allow to set. Cut into 3 cm square size pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Place extra virgin olive oil in a medium fry pan 1.5 cm deep and heat to 180˚C. Fry the polenta squares in batches until each side is golden, then remove from the oil and place onto kitchen towel to drain off. Place polenta squares in preheated oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Place the rosemary sprig into the oil and fry for two minutes, remove and set aside. Serve polenta bites with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, rosemary and grated parmesan cheese.